The program is structured around Painting as a core component. The program is studio-based and students are expected to develop their own work with tutorial and technical assistance from a specialist team of academic and technical staff. Cross-area seminars and tutorial groups ensure that painting areas has a forum for the exchange of ideas. The BFA in painting is designed to provide students with the ability to reference their work within a broad cultural context and enable them to develop verbal and writing skills to articulate the development of their work within a critical context.
In addition to the regular tuition, critique sessions and discussion by the members of faculty, visits of distinguished contemporary artists are also arranged. Outdoor education comprises visits to museums, art exhibitions and scenic spots. Knowledgeable subjects like History of Art and Aesthetics are taught with visual aids like slides, films and colored reproductions etc.
The program aims to develop the individual visual intelligence students bring with them; develop their critical awareness and understanding of fine art and its contexts; and provide the intellectual and practical resources to enable them to realize their creative potential as a professional artist.
- 4 Years Degree program : 8 semester
- HSC with minimum 50% marks from recognized boards in any discipline.
- Click on Apply now and complete the admission process.
- Application fees: INR 1500, For foreign nationals & NRIs: USD 70.
- Rs. 45000 Per year – 4 years Degree Program, B.F.A. – Drawing & Painting
- B.F.A Painting program is designed as per the aspects required to enhance student’s creativity and make a career in a drawing and painting as an artist
- To study the practice of painting, its history, culture and contemporary position
- To make work in a specialist studio environment and develop an ethical studio practice
- To express and explore your artistic, social and personal interests informed by focused research
- The subjects included in the syllabus are important for developing the professional artist
- Four years, Full time program, Semester pattern
- Specialist studio environment and develop an ethical studio practice
- Painting methods and materials workshops and demonstrations by artists and technicians
- Subject specific lectures and seminars
- Study tour historical places, landscaping organized every month by college