B.Tech. in Information Technology
The B.Tech. in Information Technology program offers outcome based education with Choice Based Credit System. The aim of this program is to prepare a professionally competent student with technological leadership skills ready to work in a multidisciplinary work environment across the globe.
The UDICT has taken a novel initiative in changing the paradigm of education in the recent scenario of Industry 4.0. In this scenario, there is a surge in the use of “Smart” technologies i.e., cloud computing, big data analytics, networked machines and processes. Thus, there is a need for trained human resources in the domains of IoT (networked machines and sensors), Blockchain (data integrity and security), and Big Data analytics (volume, variety, velocity, veracity and value).
The program makes the students ready for positions in a wide array of industries and MNCs, as well as, opening the doors to the start-up universe. A lucid blend of fundamental and recent technologies is offered to the students for enhancing their skills for employability.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are helping people and businesses achieve key goals, obtain actionable insights, drive critical decisions, and create exciting, new, and innovative products and services.
There are several sensors, satellites, simulators etc. which are generating several petabytes of data every hour. For such systems, the physics is understood, but the mathematical or statistical model is required to make predictions, classifications or recommendations. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI and ML) are techniques to help a user of the data to arrive at decisions based on the black box model arrived at through these techniques. Several real-world applications of AI and ML exist, which cross the silos of a single discipline of engineering and find applications in day-to-day life as well as for sustainable and safe planning, and decision making.
The Bachelor of Technology Program intends to train the student not only on the techniques, but also on applying these techniques to several other disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical Engineering etc.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty
- Collaboration and industry visits with MNCs for internship/sponsored projects
- Industry oriented subjects designed in consultation with industry experts
- Blended learning approach
- Guest lectures by industry experts
- Six months internship as a part of curriculum in the last semester in relevant industry in various IT domains like Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Blockchain, Big Data Analytics, AR VR etc.
- Well-equipped Laboratories to undertake the projects in the domain of Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, IoT, Blockchain, Big Data Analytics, AR VR etc.
- Additional IT support through Innovation Incubation Research Center (IIRC) which caters to specialized computational needs to work on automotive & transport simulation projects using Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) machinery Studio
- Collaboration with IIT Bombay Virtual Lab to provide virtual access to a variety of sophisticated software laboratories
- Red Hat Academy
- Availability of advanced skill-oriented interdisciplinary courses
- Professional body membership by faculty and students (IEEE, CSI, ACM, ISTE)