The program focuses on transformation of agricultural products into food. It involvesfood processing, food production, food package, food preservation, product quality check, labelling manufacture date and best before date, and finally distributing them to clients. The research and analyses help to increase food shelf life time. Our group enterprise project, which involves close collaborates with entrepreneurs, provide a great opportunity for you to stand out from other graduates,develop a solid understanding of science, technology
and business management. Our program covers all aspects of the applied biochemistry and biotechnology industries, including commercialising technology, entrepreneurship, and intellectual property and patents,
with lectures and case studies from business leaders and academics.
The program is designed to build a strong foundation comprising of theoretical knowledge as well as practical training. We undertake a group venture project involving team work with speculator to develop a business plan for real life science product or service. In your third year you have increased freedom to follow your own interests by choosing from a wide range of optional modules and completing a research project or dissertation involving a significant element of Food Processing Technology You can also apply for a year in industry with a range of employers including food industries, Operations Manager for Food Manufacturing, Quality Food Technologist, Process Technologist, Research Food Technologist, Food Safety Technologist. On this degree, you can study modules relating Fortified food development & nutrition science, food fermentation, Biochemistry, Food nutrition, Microbiology, Agriculture.
- Four-year program with 175 choice-based credits to equate the professional degree
- Specialized experimental training with special attention to each individual through the ‘Exploration Workshop’
- Special Open Elective courses for students per semester
- Specialized labs with highly automated instruments
- Interactive learning with e-classrooms
- A complete package with an idea about various fields associated with biotechnology and life sciences