The program aims to develop a comprehensive understanding of science behind cosmetic technology while also looking at how to succeed in a career in the medical or cosmetic industry. In this program, you will learn about the formulation, manufacturing, analysis and marketing of functional products. This area is mainly dependent on the subject of Chemistry andincludes studying raw materials, testing methods and laboratory procedures available worldwide. The program covers all the aspects of Cosmetic Chemistry,
Anatomy and Physiology.
- Duration: Year: 4 years (8 semesters)
- An applicant to the Bachelor of Cosmetic Technology course shall have passed Std. XII examination of the M.S. Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with the subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Math’s.
- Diploma holders also be admitted in direct second year.
It is an undergraduate cosmetology course which gives extensive training in cosmetic products formulation, manufacturing, its analysis and marketing.
The course is designed to build a strong foundation comprising of theoretical knowledge as well as specialized practical trainingto advance the science of cosmetic and toiletries with special emphasis on preparations from herbal and natural origin.
- Exclusive placement support.
- Well-equipped laboratories with internet facilities
- Curriculum is based on a learning outcome based curriculum framework. (LOCF)
- Well qualified and experience faculty.
- Commitment to develop personality and communication skills for employability enhancement.
- Activity and project base learning
- every aspiring student can get higher technical education easily
- The four-year program has credit-based system to equate the professional degree.
- Specialized experimental training with special attention to each individual through the ‘Exploration Workshop’
- Special Open Elective courses for students per semester
- Specialized labs with highly automated instruments
- Interactive learning with e-classrooms
- A complete package with an idea about various fields associated with biotechnology and life sciences.
Careers in Cosmetics Technology
Graduates can seek jobs in various departments in cosmetic companies, as listed below-
- Research and development (R&D)
- Quality control (Q.C) / Quality Assurance (Q.A)
Other Expected Jobs
- Brand Manager
- Sales Manager
- Beauty Consultant
- Cosmetics Business Development Manager
- Assistant Professor
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Beauty Care Distributor
- Manufacturer Sales Representative