B.Sc. Physics (Hon.)
UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES
- Physics is the basic of the sciences which deals with the study of natural phenomenon, processes, principles, laws etc. It is one of the oldest branches of science and offers great career opportunities to aspirants.
- The B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics program provides a strong foundation for students with knowledge in recent trends in physics and research illustrations. It imparts scientific progression and interdisciplinary courses as electives in prospect of research and technology.
- It lays an excellent foundation not only for graduate studies in physics but also for related professional courses such as Computational Physics, Astrophysics, Biophysics, Applied and Engineering Physics, Geophysics, Medical Physics and Material Physics.
- The curriculum of B.Sc. Physics covers almost all recent updates of concepts of Physics.
Eligibility & Admission
- Passed in 10+2 with Physics
- Outline the recent findings in Physics and allied courses
- Inculcate scientific approach to cultivate research ideas
- Activity based learning with student centered approach.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty with record of international publication and patent.
- Commitment to develop interpersonal and communication skills for employability enhancement.
- Physics Graduates are eligible for work in teaching, computing, banking, medical physics and research-based jobs in national institutes.
- Recent Trends in Computing like quantum computing and telecommunications require physics which would open new avenues in scientific instrument manufacture, electronics and development of computer systems.
- Industrial applications of physics including noise control, industrial process monitoring and control, radiation monitoring, vibration analysis and water resource management.
- Meteorology and oceanography, astrophysics, nanotechnology and environment science are also interesting fields available to physicists.
- Career opportunities also exist in UPSC and other State and Central Govt. Services where knowledge of science subjects is required.
- After B. Sc degree in Physics students can study Physics at a higher level (with a wide choice of courses to be taken) and also gain invaluable experience in research.
- There are a number of job opportunities available for a B.Sc. Physics graduate. Here are some of the top job profiles:
- Physics Tutor
- Lab Assistant/ Scientific Assistant / Lab Technician
- Research Associate
- Subject Matter Expert
- Radiologist Assistant
- Academic Counselor
- Content Developer
- Quality Control Manager
- Radiation Oncologist
- Job opportunities as a scientist exist with organizations like BARC, ISRO, DRDO, VSSC, SSPL and other many well-established research centres in India as well as abroad.