B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics is a Undergraduate degree program consist of six semester of study in mathematics over three years. This program deals with key areas of mathematics such as Calculus, Algebra, Geometry, Differential Equations, Analysis, and Mechanics etc. This program enhances the ability of students to apply the knowledge and skills acquired by them during the program to solve specific theoretical and applied problems in mathematics.
Eligibility & Admission
Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in Science stream with Mathematics subject
- Curriculum is based on a learning outcomes-based curriculum framework (LOCF).
- Create deep interest in learning mathematics.
- Develop broad and balanced knowledge and understanding of definitions, concepts, principles and theorems.
- Familiarize the students with suitable tools of mathematical analysis to handle issues and problems in mathematics and related sciences.
- Provide students sufficient knowledge and skills enabling them to undertake further studies in mathematics and its allied areas on multiple disciplines concerned with mathematics.
- Encourage the students to develop a range of generic skills helpful in employment, internships and social activities.
- Duration: Three Years, Full-Time Program
- Pattern: Semester System
- Interactive learning with e-classrooms
After successful completion of B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics degree program, various employment offers open in different area such as actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematical modeling, computer sciences, cryptography etc.
After finishing B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics course, candidates can go for post-graduation in Pure Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Mathematics, Astronomy, Actuarial Science, MCA/MBA/CA/CS and in some more fields.
Such postgraduates are hired in capacities such as Accountant, Personal Banker, Computer Programmer, Demographer, Economist, Loan Officer, Mathematician, Researcher, Statistician, Technical Writer, Treasury Management Specialist etc.