B. Sc. Chemistry (Hons)
B. Sc. Chemistry (Honours) is an undergraduate special chemistry course that comprise of basic to applied chemistry including recent advances with green chemistry aspects and Discipline Specific Elective Courses (DSE). Alongside as a part of multidisciplinary approach we covered it with Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (AECC) specifically English communication, Environmental science and Skill Enhancement Elective Courses (SEC) which are Basic Analytical Chemistry, Intellectual Property Rights, Cheminformatics, Chemistry of Agrochemicals, Interpersonal Skills for Chemists, Chemistry of Dyes etc. so that students can get wide spectrum of subject knowledge. B. Sc. Chemistry (Honours) is a degree program mainly focused on skill enhancement in the core chemistry with practical expert hands which will make students employable and steeping towards entrepreneurship developments. The duration of the course is three years that is six semesters with credit system.
Eligibility & Admission
- Passed in 10+2 with Chemistry
- To provide recent findings in applied chemistry
- To Provide Basic and required skills for ready Industry Chemists
- To Inculcate Scientific attitude to nurture research ideas.
- To Introduce interpersonal skills for employability enhancement
- To make responsible citizen to serve the nation
- To develop Student centered learning environment.
On successful completion of B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry course the candidates are,
- Capable of working in the Government employment areas like Govt. Hospitals, National Chemical Laboratories, National Research Institutes, Indian Civil Services, Medical Services, medical research etc.
- Also capable in the Private employment areas like Pharmaceutical industries, Heavy Chemical Industries, Food Industries, Industrial Laboratories, Medical Services, medical research, Manufacturing and Processing Firms, etc.
- Able to obtain various job positions like Teacher, Chemists, Analysts, Laboratory Technician, Pharmacist, Biochemist, Research Associate, etc.
- Able to acquire future higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., Ph.D, Master of Business Administration (MBA) and M.Phil. Degree in chemistry.
- Duration: Three Years, Full Time Program
- Pattern: Semester System
- Credit System: Choice based Credit Systems, 148+ Credits
- Projects of updated chemical compounds/protocols/catalysts
- Projects Design in collaboration with Industry
- Interdisciplinary curriculum Design
- Study Tours which include visits to Industries, Industrial Exhibitions, Research Laboratories, Research Organizations as well as Institutes of National and International repute