The department of Civil Engineering strives to produce qualified engineers, researchersand professionals to serve the society with sustainable development.
1. To provide quality education and prepare competitive graduates for successful career in Civil Engineering.
2. To develop research opportunities that creates competent professionals who are trained in the design and development of environment friendly Civil Engineering system.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
1. Graduates of Civil Engineering Program will be prepared to take the challenges in the field of Civil Engineering
2. To provide Graduates with a sound Knowledge in mathematical, scientific and Civil Engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
3. To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth in Construction industry & many field of Civil Engineering.
4. To build the confidence of students leading to professional and ethical integrity, effective communication skill, leadership, so that they can apply engineering knowledge for betterment of society.
5. To provide a good competitive learning environment so that graduates of Civil Engineering will be ready to meet the needs of Indian and multinational construction industries.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
The students are able to demonstrate:
1. The knowledge of planning and designing of the system components for building planning, transportation, water resources, estimating, costing and scheduling the construction processes.
2. The fundamental knowledge of analysis and design of various structures with an understanding of associated safety, quality and economy.
3. The knowledge of field data collection and material characterization to provide constructive and creative engineering solutions that reflect social and environmental sensitivities