M.Tech. Mechanical Engineering program is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and designed to enhance professional skills of the students in sync with phenomenal technological changes in manufacturing & allied industries.
Students are groomed with interdisciplinary approach through courses in Robotics, Mechatronics, Industrial Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Additive Manufacturing, Pneumatics & Hydraulics and Industry 4.0.
The Research Center at Mechanical Engineering department is enriched with six research guides and offers doctoral degree program in domains of Manufacturing, Thermal, Design, Quality and Reliability Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering department is uniquely suited to make students corporate ready through it’s Innovation Incubation & Research Center (IIRC),which is equipped with laboratories &high end softwares.
Curriculum of the M.Tech. program in Mechanical Engineering is delivered by experienced faculty with application orientation & innovative learning pedagogy to facilitate career opportunities in various industrial sectors.
Innovation Incubation and Research Centre (IIRC) equipped with Advanced Technological Platform
- Industrial Mechatronics (Christiani Sharpline Technical Training P.Ltd. Germany)
- Industrial Hydraulics and Pneumatics (CSTT and FESTO Germany)
- Industrial Automation (Siemens Germany)
- CAD/CAM/CAE/CIM/CFD Labs(MSC Adams USA)
- Industrial Robotics (TAL India and YASKAWA Japan)
- Autonomous Vehicle ( Driverless Car-ADAS USA)
- Electric Vehicle Lab (CSTT Germany)
- Advanced Drone Lab
- Flowtech Division Lab(Endress+Hauser, Germany)
- Additive Manufacturing and Reverse Engineering Lab (Stratasys Hexagon USA and Zortrax Poland)
- Industry Collaborated Skill Development Programs, inplant training and mentorship
- Strong Alumni Entrepreneur Network
- Industry oriented curriculum with flexibility in choice of Elective Courses
- MoU with eminent industries in manufacturing sector
- Doctorate and Post Doctorate Faculty members with expertise in diverse fields
Mechanical Engineering is one of the comprehensive disciplines among all engineering disciplines. It offers platform for a great deal of interdisciplinary work. Mechanical engineering graduates apply knowledge and skills of materials, design and manufacturing to continuously develop new products and processes. Career opportunities for available in following fields:
- Automotive Industry
- Maintenance Engineering
- Aerospace Industry
- Energy & Power sector
- Railway Engineering
- Defense Sector
- Space research
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Process Industry