The ‘Master of Social Works’ (MSW) is a Professional Post-Graduate degree in Social Work. The MSW is basically a multi-disciplinary program overlapping the disciplines like Sociology, Economics, Psychology, Administration, Organizational Behavior, Public Policy, Governance and so on.
The Social Work is considered as professional program which has practical applications in social life and value of greater employability. It is a recognized qualification for positions of Human resource personnel, Welfare Officers in Governmental, Industrial and Non-Governmental Sectors for positions of ICDS Supervisors, CDPO’s, Social Welfare Officers, Probation Officers in Child Development and adult correctional organizations, Human Resource Development in Industrial sectors, Social Development, Rural and Tribal Welfare and Development, Rural and Urban Community Development, Women’s development and empowerment, Counselors in Family Courts and Counseling centers, Medical and Psychiatric Social Workers in Hospitals, Social Defense, Social Work Research.
Trained graduates after the course can get opportunities to hold responsible positions in International Organizations like UNO, UNICEF, ILO, WHO and CSR projects of corporate, Research and Training Organizations, as Social Work Educators in Universities and Schools of Social Work. The Master’s degree program equips trainees to work as agents of change from grassroots up to policy levels.
Eligibility & Admission
- Duration: 2 years (4 semesters) full-time program with research
- Total Seats: 20
- Total Credits: 100
- Medium : English & Marathi
- Eligibility: Any graduate from a recognized University with minimum 45% marks.
- Admission: Candidates qualifying the MGM Entrance Test (to be held in July 2021) will successfully be admitted to the program
|Per Year Fees||One Time Charges – University Fees|
|Tuition Fee||Exam Fee||Insurance & Aid||Registration Fee||Eligibility Fee||University MIS Fee||Sports Fee|
|50,000 + University Fees||5,000||500||1000||5,000||2,500||1,000|
- The practicum with different learning opportunities is designed to provide scope to develop and enhance professional practice skills
- Learning is aided through observation, analysis of social realities and experience of participation in designing and providing social work intervention
- The tasks are organized to help the learner acquire beginning skills, practice those already acquired, and master them from simple to complex
- The learner is gradually encouraged to become an independent worker during the course of study
- To apply concepts, principles and theories related to human development through social work methods
- To explore the concepts, principles and theories related to social work in the field of different social domains
- To manage the organizations and projects related to social work
- To apply Legal and constitutional provisions resolving the social issues
- To provide guidance and counseling to the target individual/group/community
- To conduct research studies and investigations for handling the social problems