MLISc is a postgraduate program which focuses on intensive research in Library and Information Science Analysis and Knowledge Resource Center potentials for new employment opportunities, Library Information Scientist, Established Public Library, Society Informer and Archives Documentation. The program aims to provide an understanding of the vital and pervasive role of information as essential resources in all developmental activities.
The program will acquaint the students with the application of modern management techniques and ideas essential for Library and Information Science and will provide a thorough insight in to all techniques of information handling with special emphasis on the application of information communication technology.
It will also train the students to develop their insight and skills in recent trends in collection, organization and transfer of information by using emerging technologies by providing necessary skills and ICT background for designing, implementing, operating and managing libraries and information centers.
Eligibility & Admission
- Duration: 2 years (4 semesters) full-time program with research
- Total Seats: 30
- Total Credits: 100
- Medium : English & Marathi
- Eligibility: Any graduate from a recognised University with minimum 45% marks.
- Admission: Candidates qualifying the MGM Entrance Test (to be held in July 2021) will successfully be admitted to the program
|Per Year Fees||One Time Charges – University Fees|
|Tuition Fee||Exam Fee||Insurance & Aid||Registration Fee||Eligibility Fee||University MIS Fee||Sports Fee|
|20,000 + University Fees||5,000||500||1000||5,000||2,500||1,000|
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
- Focus on library and information science research.
- Theoretical knowledge with practical immersions
- High quality and experienced Faculty
- World-class infrastructure and learning facilities
- Educational culture and hygienic environment
- Disciplined and learning oriented atmosphere
- Guest lecturers of experts in respective fields
- Global Exposure and Empowerment Programme
- Rural – Urban transformation experience through field work and workshops
- Opportunity of global career local relevance.
- Motivation for self-study, creativity and innovation
- Practice of research and data analysis
- Intensive knowledge with global approach
- Well-equipped computer lab and library with global access
- Students enhance the skills of organizing information and recorded knowledge
- Students will identify the recent trends in dissemination of information
- Students will develop the professional competencies for LIS and related field
- Students will get technological knowledge about library automation and Digital Library Services
- Students will effectively administer and manage Libraries and Information Centers
- Students will enhance their skill for generating new knowledge through research
- They will be trained in Technological knowledge and professional skills and will be able to effectively administer and manage Libraries and Information Centers
- Students will learn the skills of organizing information and recorded knowledge
- Students will become competent for job opportunities in LIS and related field