- M.Sc. (Hotel Operations and Catering Services) program is designed with a view to keep abreast with the current trends in the hotel industry and develop required managerial attributes in the aspirants.
- With the growth in the hotel industry in the nation and it being considered a skill-based job sector there will be a growing need of trained manpower having the right knowledge and skill sets, so as to be professionally competent to meet the global standard of the industry.
- In the coming years there are new properties ranging from service apartment to luxurious 5 star hotels would up come and need of many trained professionals in various departments would certainly arise.
- India’s hotel industry can be compared with the best hotels in the world.
- This program also inculcates the necessary entrepreneurship skills in candidates and they can run their own business.
- A minimum weightage of 40 percent is given to internal continuous and sessional assessment, consisting of tasks like classroom exercises, tests, seminars, presentations, quizzes, group tasks, term papers etc; the external semester-end University examination has a maximum weightage of 60 percent.
- The full-time two-year program in M.Sc. (Hotel Operations and Catering Services) has 4 semesters, and a semester will have a total of maximum 16 contact weeks
The minimum eligibility for this course would be Graduate in Hotel Management/ Hospitality Studies/ Hotel Operations/ Hotel Operations & Catering Services/ Hospitality Studies & Catering Services or allied stream (3 years or 4 years degree), passing with a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate (40% in case of candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State)
|Sr. No.||Course Name||Eligibility||Duration||Intake|
|1||M.Sc. (Hotel Operations and Catering Services)||B.Sc. Hospitality Studies / B.Sc. Hotel Operations & Catering Services / B.Sc. Hospitality Studies & Catering Services / B.Sc. Hospitality & Tourism Or BBA in Hospitality, Tourism and Aviation Management or equivalent degree||2 years||20||1,00,000/-|
The course structure of the given M.Sc. program is designed keeping in view the that makes you equipped with the knowledge about Management of a hotel’s operations including management of hotel staff, business management, upkeep and sanitary standards of hotel facilities, guest satisfaction, and service. Consequently certain essential features of such model program structures would be :
- To impart to the students latest and relevant knowledge from the field of management theory and practice
- Providing opportunities to the participants, within and outside the institutions, for developing necessary operating skills
- Imparting / Developing the right kind of attitudes to function effectively in operational, managerial/administrative positions
- Duration: Two Years Full Time Program
- Pattern: Semester System
- Credit System: Choice Based Credit System with total 100 credits
- Vacation training (summer internship)
- National Study Tours which include visits to Industries, Industrial Exhibitions, Practical Laboratories
The expected outcome of the M.Sc. program is in keeping in view the basic objective stated above. The outcome of this model program structure is foreseen that on completion of this program the students will be able to:-
- Performs work activities effectively and efficiently to the standards expected in the operation required in the hotel industry/hospitality sectors.
- Undertakes task, functions, duties and activities in the operation of the hotels, restaurants, travel, government and non-government agencies in accordance with the competency standards.
- Analyses situation, identifies problems, formulates solutions and implements corrective and/or mitigating measures and action management into foodservice and lodging operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, examine, question, and explore perspectives or alternatives to problems in hotel operations.