M.Sc. Mathematics is a two-year postgraduate program which is being divided into four semesters. In the M.Sc. Mathematics, students get a deep insight into pure and applied mathematics. Students learn about the problem-solving skills and reasoning skills which helps them to solve the real-life problems. This program deals with key areas of mathematics in which students get a deeper knowledge of advanced mathematics through a vast preference of subjects. After the completion of this program students become more skilled and specialized in a particular subject.
Eligibility & Admission
The minimum eligibility criteria for the M. Sc. Mathematics course is student should have passed B.Sc. (Mathematics) or B.Sc. (Mathematics with Computer Science Applications) or any other relevant degree with Mathematics
- Apply mathematics to solve the real life problems in various fields with fundamental and advanced concepts, principles and techniques from a range of topic areas.
- Acquire the skills for handling scientific tools towards problem solving
- The specific knowledge, understanding will be determined by choice of modules, according to needs and interests.
- To expose the opportunities of Mathematics in industry sector.
- Develop abstract mathematical thinking and complex mathematical ideas.
- Duration: Two Years
- Pattern: Semester System
- Interactive learning with e-classrooms
Higher studies: Student can go in the research field and pursue M. Phil. or Ph.D. in mathematics.
Students can choose the teaching field and become a professor in government and private colleges.
Secondary school teacher, technical subject matter experts, academic coordinator, middle school teachers, and science teachers.
Students can get a chance in the financial sector and the government sector. They will be the best for the work profile of analytic science consultant, actuarial analyst, database manager, external auditor, data analyst, customer coordinator, credit analyst, and quantitative risk analyst.