M.Sc. Information Technology is a two year professional Master’s Degree in Computer Science and IT. It is designed to meet the increasing demand for professionals in the field of Information Technology. This program is inclined more towards Application Development and thus has more emphasis on latest programming language and tools to develop better and faster applications.
The M.Sc. Information Technology program curriculum builds right platform for students to become successful Software professional. This would emphasize on domain knowledge of various areas, which would help the students to build software applications on it. The students are exposed to system development in the information processing environment, with special emphasis on Software Engineering and Management Information Systems for small and medium IT Industry.
This program prepares students to take up positions as system analysts, systems designers, Programmers and managers in any field related to Information Technology. The program, therefore, aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice.
Any Science Graduate with Computer Science as one or all subject with minimum 50% marks(45% reserve category or equivalent examination with all subject passed.
The M.Sc. (Information Technology) program is a blend of computer and general industry. The computer related courses use microcomputers to introduce standard techniques of programming; the use of software packages. The industrial related include the functional areas of software tools and its applications.The unique blend of learning approach further ensures to develop professional skills along with adequate technological knowledge.
- Interactive Teaching learning method based on student’s active participation in class learning
- Emphasis on practical to face the real life situation
- Flexibility in choice of subjects leading to a definite career path
- Value added Education such as professional certifications and workshops in association with IIT’s and other institutions
- The curriculum is designed to bridge the gap between academics and Industries
- Global exposure in terms of Internship and exchange programs
- Duration: Two Years, Full Time Programme
- Pattern: Semester System
- Credit System: Choice based Credit Systems, 160+ Credits
- Innovative Design Projects
- Design Industry internships
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Design Project
- National/International Study Tours which include visits to Industries, Industrial Exhibitions, Research Laboratories, Research Organizations as well as Institutes of National and International repute