M.Sc.Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications
M.Sc. (Industrial Mathematics) course is useful to provide the needs of society. The shifting scenario of higher education is taken into consideration to make application oriented syllabus towards the applications of Mathematics and Computer Science in Research and Industry. The syllabus covers Industrial Mathematics, Core Computer Subjects as well as the Emerging Technologies in Computer Science.
Theory Courses give the foundation for development of logical thinking and the Practical’s gives hands on experience towards the Industrial Requirements.
Eligibility & Admission
- passed B.Sc. (Mathematics) or B.Sc. (Mathematics with Computer Science Applications) or any other relevant under graduate degree with Mathematics as a core subject and have passed entrance test conducted by MGM University (MGMU CET 2022)
- Apply mathematics to solve the real life problems in various fields with fundamental and advanced concepts, principles and techniques from a range of topic areas.
- Acquire the skills for handling scientific tools towards problem solving
- The specific knowledge, understanding will be determined by choice of modules, according to needs and interests.
- To expose the opportunities of Mathematics in industry sector.
- Develop abstract mathematical thinking and complex mathematical ideas.
Industrial mathematicians work in a variety of industries, including banking, pharmaceuticals, mining, shipping and manufacturing.
Career Paths for Math-Lovers: Auditor, Data or Research Analyst, Computer Programmer, Medical Scientist, Financial Analyst, Statistician, Actuary, Economist.
Higher studies: Student can go in the research field and pursue M. Phil. or Ph.D. in mathematics.
Students can get a chance in the financial sector and the government sector. They will be the best for the work profile of analytic science consultant, actuarial analyst, database manager, external auditor, data analyst, customer coordinator, credit analyst, and quantitative risk analyst.