M.Sc. Bio Physics
This is a two year postgraduate program.
The course attempts to teach critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills that can be used throughout a life of learning.
It is an interdisciplinary science that relates the principles of physics, chemistry, mathematics, and computer modeling to understanding how biological systems work.
To understand working of biological system, this interdisciplinary science applies the principle of physics, chemistry, mathematics, and computer modeling.
Biophysics explains biological function in terms of the molecular structures and their properties. It is a bridge between biology and physics. It is a highly fascinating and intellectual field and the very root of our existence.
Eligibility & Admission
- B.Sc.or B.Sc.(Hons) pass with subjects Biophysics/Physics/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Forensics science/ Bioinformatics/ any branch of biology with chemistry or physics/ B. Tech (Biotechnology /Bioinformatics) and passed MGMU CET 2022.
- Student centric Outcome Based Education (OBE) Curriculum
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty
- Smart classrooms for enhancing teaching – learning process
- Well-equipped laboratories to provide more practical exposure and hands on experience
- Teacher-guardian scheme is effectively implemented
- Hobby Clubs like “Brahmand”–Science & Astronomy Club, Music, Drama, Poetry, Photography and Readers’ Club etc.
- Engineering exploration lab for project based learning
It is very important for the society for its physical and biological problems. Biophysicists are also involved in applying their knowledge of fundamental physics to develop and implement new techniques for analyzing organisms. Some of the most noteworthy and useful techniques are EM (Electron Microscopy), CAT (Computer-Aided Tomography), MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), PET (Positron Emission Tomography) and X-ray crystallography. Job opportunities exist in both the private and public sectors, especially in the realms of agricultural science, biotechnology, computational biology, environmental science, forensic science, medical science, and radiation science. One can start a career in universities, industries, medical centres, research institutes, private and public sectors.