M.Des Interaction Design
Interaction Design is the design of interactive products and services in which a designer’s focus goes beyond the item in development to include the way users will interact with it. Thus, close scrutiny of users’ needs, limitations and contexts empowers designers to customize output to suit precise demands. The goal of interaction design is to create products that enable the user to achieve their objective(s) in the best way possible. Interaction design pays attention to five dimensions – words, images, space, time, and behaviour. The goal of an interaction designer is to create simplified experiences for users that require as little information as possible. Interaction design seeks to go beyond making something merely work well, but focuses instead on creating an experience for the user that feels intuitive, exciting and ultimately leaves them feeling like they’ve encountered something great.
Eligibility & Admission
- Applicants should have passed or appearing for final year of Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any university or institute recognised by law in India.
- Foreign students should have proficiency in English Language
- Admissions will be through entrance test.
- Students will be constantly linked to Industry for internships and project work
- Experiential learning & Explorative learning
- Interdisciplinary and progressive knowledge suited to the professional design practice
- Creativity and innovation is stressed upon through a flexible framework for student-centered learning.
- Additional co-curricular facilities and academic extension activities provide students access to a range of learning, development and enriched experiences.
- Competency driven curriculum
- Focus on transformative learning
- In the final semester there is a project in Industry
- Placements opportunities
M.Des is a 2 year post graduate programme spread across 4 semesters. The syllabus is developed by experts and caters to the requirements of the industry and will be regularly updated to accommodate latest developments and trends. The goal is to enable the students to develop a sense of social and professional commitment. It helps develop critical, analytical, speculative and reflective problem-solving skills in an integrated manner. It provides a strong exposure to real life situations so that the skills are adopted to benefit the user, society and industry. It will provide the students with adequate knowledge and experience for taking up a career or starting their own businesses/studios.
Designers are contributing to the entire world around us. There is immense scope for designers in almost every industry. More and more companies are utilizing the services of designers as their inputs often lead to added values in terms of improved usability, lowered production costs and more appealing products. The design is, therefore, emerging as a much sought after career option. Apart from this the students would be able start their own ventures or promote their existing business.