M.A. Public Health
The concept of Sustainable development may be defined as the Development which fulfills the needs of the present generations without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” The aim of better public health is to bring a balance between economic and sustainable development. This approach came into existence after the worldwide tide of globalization. To maintain the social order and overcoming worldwide challenges we have only one option of inclusive growth. Inclusive growth focuses more on the relationships between the human beings and the nature rather focusing less on capital and materialistic growth. .
This program is designed to understand the need of public health professionals in the society in relation with achieving the goal of healthy society comprising the good physical and mental health.
This program will assist the students to understand the society from the perspective of Gender, Development and public health. The students will be able to learn more about the documentation, analysis and written and oral communication skills and make connections between theory and practices of Public Health subjects. This program will motivate the students and the community to work ahead for the betterment of the society and humanity.
Eligibility & Admission
- Duration:2 years (4 semesters) full time PG Degree Program
- Total Marks: 2550
- Total Credits:102
- Eligibility: Candidates with graduate qualification in Medicine, AYUSH, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Veterinary Sciences, Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, Allied and Health Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Candidates with graduation in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Management, Engineering, Demography, Population Studies, Nutrition, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Work, Economics, Law or any equivalent qualifications are also eligible to apply.
- Admission: Online registration & Panel Interview
- Medium: Marathi &English
- Total Seats: 20
20,000/- Per Year + University Fees As Listed Below
|Sr. No.||Details of Fees||Amount||Period||Remarks|
|1||Application form & CET||Rs. 1,500/-||One Time||For UG/PG|
|2||Caution Money Deposit||Rs. 5,000/-||One Time||For UG/PG|
|3||Eligibility Fees||Rs. 5,000/-||One Time||For UG/PG & Diploma only|
|4||Examination Fees UG/PG||Rs. 5,000/-||Yearly||For UG/PG|
|5||Examination Fees for Diploma||Rs. 2,500/-||Semester Wise||—|
|6||Examination Fees for Certificate||Rs. 500/-||Semester Wise||—|
|7||Student Activities Fees||Rs. 1,000/-||Yearly||—|
|8||UMIS & Student Insurance||Rs. 3,000/-||One Time||—|
|9||Supplementary Examination Fees upto 3 subjects||Rs. 1,500/-||Yearly||—|
|10||Supplementary Examination Fees more than 3 subjects||Rs. 2,500/-||Yearly||—|
|11||Alumni Association Membership Fees for UG/PG (To be paid in the final year)||Rs. 1,000/-||One Time||—|
- Focus on Social aspects of Management Theories & Practices
- Specialized training of research in Social Work & People’s Services
- Theoretical knowledge with practical immersions
- Guidance from world class experienced Faculty
- World-class infrastructure and learning facilities
- Disciplined and learning oriented atmosphere
- Frequent guest lectures of experts in respective fields
- Global Exposure through International Empowerment Program
- Opportunity of global career with local relevance.
- Intensive knowledge with global approach
- Well-equipped research labs & library with global access
Scope and Opportunities
- Job opportunities in the fields of Social Work and People’s Services Government Agencies like Centers for Disease Control and
- Prevention (CDC) The National Institutes of Health (NIH), Non-profit organizations, Health care organizations, Educational Institutions.
- Useful for deep research in Social Entrepreneurship and Social Change
- Opportunities in the International Institutions for Research contributions
- Placement potential in the field of Research, Teaching & Consultancy services
- The candidates have the option to be absorbed in various job roles that include Health Communications Specialist, Health
- Resources Professional, Public Relation Officer, Environmental Health & Safety Specialist, and many more.