What is an M.a. in Physical Education? This program teaches students what they need to know about promoting healthy bodies and minds in students or clients. Individuals who pursue the program typically take courses that teach the anatomy and physiology of humans as well as applied biology and biomechanics. Students may also learn about ethics in physical education, types of players and the best coaching strategies for each,group sports and assessment methods. Diet and nutrition and exercise science.
Working toward a degree in physical education provides students with many qualitative and quantitative skills. In addition to understanding health and nutrition and how the body uses both, students are likely to gain leadership and communication skills.
Each learning institution offering a physical education program determines its own price, and each country has its own laws regarding the cost of education. Student might also consider how long each program is and whether they can apply for financial aid.
A person who earns a master’s degree in physical education may go on to become a physical education teacher. In many cases, a teacher in this field will also coach the sports teams at the school he or she works at. Individuals may coach teams at local recreation centers or sports parks. Public schools and colleges often need athletic directors for those who want to plan events and oversee coaches. Graduates who prefer to work in a smaller environment could decide to become personal trainers or sports therapists.
Eligibility & Admission
- Duration : 2 years (4 semesters) full time programme with research
- Total Marks : 2500
- Total Credits : 100
- Eligibility : Any graduate from a recognized University with minimum 45% marks.
- Admission will be through MGM Entrance Test.
- Medium : English and Marathi.
- Total Seats : 30 per Batch.
- Total Fees : 30,000/- per year (University Fees Separate)
- Students will understand and analyze the importance of sound health and fitness
principles as they relate to better health.
- To learn fundamental movements and its development in relation to growth.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency through knowledge and acquired skills.
- Nurture the talents in sports and make them to participate in Competitive sports.
- To create fit and healthy society.
- Recognize the physical and mental benefits of increased activity.
- Understand the concept and applied knowledge of Sports Science principles.
- Determine factors involved with growth, maturation and physical activity.
- Examine the effect of nutrition, rest and other lifestyle factors.
- Utilize physical activity as a tool to manage stress.
- Participate in a motivating and nurturing environment resulting in a greater sense of well-being and self-esteem.
- Participate in active learning to stimulate continued inquiry about physical education, health and fitness.
- Understand and utilize various training methods.
- Assess individual levels of fitness components.
- To plan and develop appropriate physical education lessons and units of instruction in physical education.
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of the playing strategies and skills of the sports.
- To use critical thinking skills during a competitive situation in order to compete to the best of one’s ability against opponents.
- Embody the traits of good sportsmanship and a sense of team in both competition and practice.