Master of Arts (M.A.) - Musicology
DANCE | MUSIC | THEATRE | FOLK ARTS | INDIC STUDIES
MA program in Musicology is a unique opportunity to learn about the diverse music traditions, music history, sound, acoustics and much more under eminent experts. It is of 2 years duration that is ideal for professional musicians and senior music learners aspiring to create a niche for them in the creative world. In addition to theory and practical in different forms of music, many Generic courses like Epigraphy, Ancient languages, Treatises, Technology, Music in other forms, Indology, Ancient History; Elective courses like western music, recording, music laws, music writing will be taught to the learners. After completing, there is scope as instructors, lecturers or professors, archivist, music composer, curator, consultant in policy design, copyrights and researcher Those with academic inclinations can pursue PhD program after completion of MA.
2 Years: 4 Semesters
- Duration : Two Years
- Pattern : Semester System (2 semesters in each level, total 4 semesters)
- Choice-based credit system
- Gurukul Pattern, Gurukul ambience
- Music listening and Music making sessions
- Stimulating learning content, theory classes, creative assignments
- Generic courses like Epigraphy, Ancient languages, Treatises, Technology, Music in other forms, Indology, Ancient History
- Elective courses like western music, recording, music laws, music writing.
- Periodic workshops, symposiums
- International & National seminars
- Performance opportunities in India & abroad
- Collaborative projects with institutions/Universities in India & abroad
- Study tours / visits to organizations of cultural importance
- Visiting Gurus, experts, scholars, artists
- Opportunities to witness many dance performances
- Cultural & Social outreach
- Evaluation through written tests, practical, project submissions, performance assessment
- Graduate in Music with minimum marks 50% or
- Graduate in any discipline with minimum marks 50% and Music training (5-6 years)
- Application fees : INR 1000, For foreign nationals & NRIs : USD 70.
- Tuition fees : INR 60,000 Per year, For foreign nationals & NRIs : USD 860 Per Year.
- Fill and Submit the Online Application form on the website page https://mgmu.ac.in/admissions/faculty/MAHAGAMI.html
- Applicants should appear and qualify in the Entrance Test (CET)
- Second round of selection will be through Interview