It is a 2-year (4 semesters) program on Gandhian Studies that enables the students to visualize a just and equitable social order; equips them with 21st-century capabilities and attitudinal efficiencies to construct a holistic human society (in the neighborhood), and empowers them with ethical skills for running its systems with the spirit of inclusivity and universal wellbeing.
These are essential qualifications for youth to get into serious NGO and CSR actions and be innovative change makers.
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
- Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
- Total Seats: 20
- Total Credits: 64
- Eligibility: Any graduate from a recognized University with minimum 40% marks.
25,000/- Per Year + University Fees As Listed Below
|Sr. No.||Details of Fees||Amount||Period||Remarks|
|1||Application form & CET||Rs. 1,500/-||One Time||For UG/PG|
|2||Caution Money Deposit||Rs. 5,000/-||One Time||For UG/PG|
|3||Eligibility Fees||Rs. 5,000/-||One Time||For UG/PG & Diploma only|
|4||Examination Fees UG/PG||Rs. 5,000/-||Yearly||For UG/PG|
|5||Examination Fees for Diploma||Rs. 2,500/-||Semester Wise||—|
|6||Examination Fees for Certificate||Rs. 500/-||Semester Wise||—|
|7||Student Activities Fees||Rs. 1,000/-||Yearly||—|
|8||UMIS & Student Insurance||Rs. 3,000/-||One Time||—|
|9||Supplementary Examination Fees upto 3 subjects||Rs. 1,500/-||Yearly||—|
|10||Supplementary Examination Fees more than 3 subjects||Rs. 2,500/-||Yearly||—|
|11||Alumni Association Membership Fees for UG/PG (To be paid in the final year)||Rs. 1,000/-||One Time||—|
- Choice based curriculum
- Credit based learning
- Renowned faculty from across the globe
- Special lectures by eminent thinkers and activists
- Participatory field-based learning
- International & National seminars
- Insightful workshops
- Theoretical knowledge with practical immersion
- Focus on innovation and research
- Total fifteen courses (papers) including three elective papers
- Each course having Learning outcome-based curriculum framework (LOCF)
- Class room discussions and deliberations
- Field practicals
- Community Internships
- Library work, Seminars and Assignments
- Development planning and designing
Students will be able to
- understand the life and work of Mahatma Gandhi in-depth.
- develop the skills for community organization, social action and self-sufficiency, and self reliability,
- acquire various skills and techniques for Conflict Transformation.
- get knowledge in the Gandhian concept of production & decentralization.
- examine the research areas in the field of Gandhian Studies