- This program is especially designed for those who want to start their careers in Food and Beverage Service sector like restaurants, coffee shop, quick service outlet and hotels giving particular emphasis on food service sequence, restaurant hygiene and sanitation, Food and Beverage knowledge etc.
- This program aimed at specializing students, to acquire skills needed to start a career in the Food and beverage department of the hospitality industry.
- This program will allow the students to identify, compare, discuss and examine major issues involved in service style, types of menus, equipments used for running quality food and beverage operations, knowledge of beverages like beers and wines.
- This program focuses on developing the right attitude needed to succeed in recognizing and exploiting opportunities for innovation in the hospitality sector.
- HSC or equivalent examination passed from recognized board.
- The candidate must have secured minimum 40%.
The program structure of Certificate in Food & Beverage Operation is designed keeping in view the basic objective stated above. Consequently certain essential features of such model program structures would be:
- To impart to the students latest and relevant knowledge from the field of food and beverage operations theory and practice.
- This program gives students an understanding of the concepts and principles of modern operations management with a view to increase productivity and profitability in hotel operations.
- Theories and techniques associated with services management, productivity management, and problem solving and decision-making will be examined.
- Duration: Three months Full Time Program.
- Pattern: End exam.
- Credit System: Choice Based Credit System.
- Industrial Training Program (Optional).
- Industrial visit and Exhibitions.
As students progress towards the completion of program, they will be expected to demonstrate an increasingly sophisticated level of understanding, analysis and evidence of the synthesis of theory and practice and are expected to:
- It prepares the students to be able to develop and design a Food & Beverage outlet.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain hygiene, and good attributes of a service personnel.
- Prepare for food and beverage service and provide food and beverage service to guest.
- Carry out general food and beverage and closing procedures in a restaurant.
- Identify trends in the food and beverage industry.
- Food and beverage services, selling techniques, promotions and marketing.