- This program focuses on specialized roles for students in Front office & House Keeping department and become an integral part with their passion for guest service and relations.
- This program will provide training of basic skills, which are required in the housekeeping department of hotels for success in today’s highly competitive economic environment. It will cover different areas maintained by housekeeping including guest rooms and public areas. Students will gain an overall understanding of the housekeeping operations in hotels.
- The program covers the entire basic operations that take place in front office department it include various room categories, tariffs and meal plan and section of the front office department along with understanding reservation and registration system.
- This program develops guest handling skills in various situations with utmost courtesy.
- HSC or equivalent examination passed from recognized board.
- The candidate must have secured minimum 40%.
The program structure of Certificate Program in Accommodation Operations is designed keeping in view the basic objective stated above. Consequently certain essential features of such model program structures would be:
- To impart to the students latest and relevant knowledge from the field of accommodation operation theory and practice.
- This program gives students an understanding of the concepts and principles of modern operations management with a view to increase productivity and profitability in hotel operations.
- Theories and techniques associated with services management, productivity management, and problem solving and decision-making will be examined.
- Duration: Three months Full Time Program.
- Pattern: End exam.
- Credit System: Choice Based Credit System.
- Industrial Training Program (Optional).
- Industries visit and Exhibitions.
As students progress towards the completion of program, they will be expected to demonstrate an increasingly sophisticated level of understanding, analysis and evidence of the synthesis of theory and practice and are expected to here –
- The program aims to establish the importance of Front Office and House Keeping and its role in the hospitality Industry.
- Students are ready to acquire basic knowledge and skill necessary for different task of front office and housekeeping department and required standards in this area and to consider all aspects of this department.
- They will also perform the procedure of luggage handling, check-out and settlement.
- Will understand how to handle complaints and indentifying them.