Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest and broadest branch of engineering.Mechanical engineers are involved with the design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, control, operation, and maintenance of mechanical systems.Without mechanical engineering, we would not have things like engines, cars, airplanes.
The course focuses on imparting professional specialization in the field of mechanical engineering.It includes the application of laws of physics for design, analysis and manufacturing of mechanical systems. School of Polytechnic and Skill Development of MGM University has designed a unique program of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (ME). This course gives you an excellent grounding in the knowledge and experience of the most fundamental of all engineering disciplines, preparing you for a variety of careers in engineering and technology. The diversity of topics will be covered in modern mechanical engineering and variety of skills and expertise that professional engineer must develop.
In addition to the core subjects, the final year provides the opportunity of choosing specialist courses. The final year features an individual project you will undertake a major investigative project by yourself. This may require scientific experiments and investigations. The successful completion of this project is compulsory for course completion. Various certified courses like the Bosch Joint Certification Courses, Electric Vehicles, etc are also part of the curriculum.
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
- 10th Passed from a recognized board.
- 12th Science or MCVC/ ATS / ITI Passed from recognized board for Lateral Entry (Direct Second Year).
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 40% or equivalent grades from a recognized board.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Admissions on Merit basis.
- Provisional Admissions start from June 2020.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (ME) is a Three Year program comprising of six semesters with ample of Opportunities.
- An open and engaging culture between students and staff
- Highly Qualified and Experienced Faculty Members
- Full-fledged and well-equipped laboratories
- Students are motivated to take-up industry sponsored projects and interdisciplinary projects
- Program comprises of latest emerging subjects such as Automation and Robotics, Automobile Engineering (Including Electric Vehicles), Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Tool Engineering, Power Plant Engineering .
- Six weeks of Industry Internship Training
- Certification courses offered to students
- MoU with Eminent Industries Like Bosch
- International MoU with WUFENG University, Taiwan for exchange of faculty and students, exchange of publications and relevant academic and scholarly information, joint research
- Various workshops from ISHRAE student chapter
- Joint certification course in Bosch fuel injection systems
- Placements in national and multi-national companies
- Skill Oriented Certified Trainings on Mechanical Software’s, Two-Wheeler Maintenance, Automation & Robotics, Bosch Diesel Injection System, HVAC& R.
- Open online course facility for students for skill upgradation
- Various Seminars, Symposia and Workshops are arranged for students and faculty
- Various social activities are frequently conducted
- Industrial expert lecture talks to aware students with the latest technology trends
- National Industrial Study Tours which include visits to Industries, Industrial Exhibitions, Research Laboratories, Research Organizations as well as Institutes of National and International repute
- Nurture the creativity and inculcate entrepreneurial skills among the students
- On-Campus Incubation Centre to nurture the start-ups
- Innovation Incubation and Research Centre (IIRC) facility is available for the students
- Technological Competence
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Professional Competence
- Early hands-on industry experience through a 6-week industrial training program for students
- Numerous platforms to exhibit talent pertaining to co-curricular & extracurricular activities
- Hands-on learning opportunities with practical based education
- In Manufacturing Industries
- Aerospace industries
- Government services
- Robotics & Automation
- Defense sector
- As a Service Engineer in various industries
- Software industries
- Automobile industry
- Maintenance Engineering
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Energy & Power sector
- Higher Engineering Education (B.E. / B. Tech)
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (ME) is aligned with All India Council of Technical Education, Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education and is globally benchmarked. The Choice-based Credit Systems and is usually completed in three academic years. One academic year is divided into two semesters and assessment is carried out at the end of every semester. Quality is assessed by the Grading System.
|Department of Mechanical Engineering|
|First Year (Basics & Engg. Science Courses)||Second Year (Professional Core Engg. Courses)||Third Year (Professional Elective Engg. Courses)|
|SEM I||SEM-II||SEM III||SEM-IV||SEM V||SEM VI|
|English||Applied Mathematics||Strength of Materials||Mechanical engineering Measurements||Power Engineering||Industrial Management|
|Basic Mathematics||Basic Science||Thermal Engineering||Fundamentals of Mechatronics||Advanced Manufacturing & CNC Programing||Automation and Robotics|
|Fundamental of Computers||Engineering Drawing||Computer-Aided Drafting||Theory of Machines||Design of Machine Elements||Industrial Hydraulics and Pneumatics|
|Basic Science||Applied Mechanics||Engineering Metrology||Fluid mechanics and Machinery||
(Including Electric vehicles)
|Workshop Practices||Mechanical Engg. Workshop||Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Manufacturing Processes||Solid modeling & Additive Manufacturing||
a) Computer integrated manufacturing
b)Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
|Engineering Graphics||Communication Skills||Mechanical Engineering materials||Solid modeling & Additive Manufacturing||
|Machine drawing||Major Project -1||Project Execution|
|Industry Internship Training (4-6 Weeks)|
|Certification Course in Mechanical Softwares (3-4 Weeks)||Certification course in two-wheeler maintenance (1-2 Weeks)||Certification course in Automation & Robotics (3-4 Weeks )|
|Certification course in Bosch Diesel injection system (1-2 Weeks)||
Certification course in HVAC & R