Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (Additive Manufacturing)
The Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (Additive Manufacturing) degree program aims to equip students with professional skills for successful career in Mechatronics/Additive manufacturing and allied industries. Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (Additive Manufacturing) is one of the newly started program at MGM University which accommodates Central Workshop, Innovation Incubation & Research Center (IIRC), Incubation Centre for Vehicle Development, and various departmental laboratories.
The department, an integral part of MGMU offers doctoral program, is enriched with Doctorate and Post Doctorate faculty members having expertise in diverse fields. For doctoral degree (Ph.D.) program identified research areas are in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronics, Electrical & Mechatronics domains. Department offers courses in emerging areas and cutting-edge technologies like Robotics and Industrial Automation, Additive Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, Artificial Intelligence etc.
Innovation Incubation and Research Centre equipped with Advanced Technological Platform
- Industrial Mechatronics (Christiani Sharpline Technical Training Pvt.Ltd. Germany)
- Industrial Hydraulics and Pneumatics (CSTT and FESTO, Germany)
- Industrial Automation (Siemens, Germany)
- CAD/CAM/CAE/CIM/CFD Labs(MSC Adams, USA)
- Industrial Robotics (TAL, India and YASKAWA, Japan)
- Autonomous Vehicle ( Driverless Car-ADAS, USA)
- Electric Vehicle Lab (CSTT, Germany)
- Advanced Drone Lab
- Endress+Hauser (Flowtech Division Lab, Germany)
- Additive Manufacturing and Reverse Engineering Lab (Stratasys Hexagon USA and Zortrax Poland)
- Massive Open Online Course facility for students for skill upgradation and certification by premier institutes like IIT
- Industry Collaborated Skill Development Program:
- Tata Technologies Ready Engineer Program
- Aspiring Minds Common Aptitude Test
- Connect with Industries through curriculum design and MoU with eminent industries in manufacturing sector for in-plant training, expert lectures, industrial visits, faculty training and mentorship
- training and mentorship
Undergraduate Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering(Additive Manufacturing) is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The total credits students need to earn are 160 and must complete in 4 academic years. One academic year is divided in two semesters. Continuous and comprehensive assessment (CCA) based on evaluation rubrics comprising formative & summative assessments is carried out during each semester. The quality is assessed by the grading system.
Year wise Structure of Undergraduate B.Tech. Program for Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (Additive Manufacturing)
Career opportunities for Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (Additive Manufacturing) graduates are available in Control system design/troubleshooting engineer, Electronics design engineer, Mechanical design engineer, Data scientist/big data analyst, New Product Design/development, Industry 4.0, Additive Manufacturing, Automation Industry, Maintenance Engineering, Robotics, Defense Sector.
*Note: Admissions open for first-year B.Tech. for the academic year 2022-23