The Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Computer Engineering degree program is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offers Choice Based Credit System education. The program focuses on technical aspects of Electrical and Computer Engineering & offers ample opportunities to students to opt for multidisciplinary courses for professional development. The program aims to impart quality technical education with professional and leadership skills required to pursue a successful career.
This program is uniquely designed to enhance the employability of students and to prepare them to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
To provoke independent thoughts in students and importance of team work, program also gives emphasis on Outcome Based Education (OBE), design thinking process and collaborative education component involving Guest lectures, Projects, Seminars, Internships and Activity Based Learning (ABL).
Multidisciplinary skilled engineers have always contributed to improve standards of living of the society in India and abroad. Hence after completion of this program, students will be very competent to serve in IT sector, core industries, service sector and government organizations.
- Well-equipped laboratories, good ambience, highly qualified & experienced faculty having good academic and research experience.
- Program makes students competent for core sector as well as IT & software sector.
- Alumni hold key positions in government and private organizations.
- Choice base credit system and field specific electives for students to select their career specialization.
- Industry-Institute interaction through alumni network and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for mandatory in plant trainings, industrial visits, training sessions, guest lectures and workshops
- Value based education, multidisciplinary electives, open electives, skill development courses, and guidance cell for competitive exams like GATE, CAT, government services and soft skills enhancement for overall development of student
- Department offers Honors in Power System Simulation, Sensors and Robotics, Electrical Vehicle and Minor in Renewable Energy Systems, Electrical Vehicle, Smart Grid and Renewable Energy
- Outcome Based Education(OBE) is provided through Problem Based/ Project Based and Activity Based Learning(PBL/ABL)
- Free Saturdays: Students are given freedom to implement their own innovative ideas every Saturday under the supervision of faculty members
|Year wise Structure of Undergraduate Electrical and Computer Engineering Program|
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Final Year|
|Induction Program||Core Engineering Courses: Engineering Mathematics-III, Discrete Mathematics, Network Analysis, Digital Electronics, Electrical Machines, Electronic Devices and Circuits||Core Engineering Courses: Control System Engineering, Industrial Automation, Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, Power Electronics||Core Engineering Courses: Internet of Things, Digital Signal Processing|
|Electrical Technology, Computer Programming|
and Problem Solving, Energy and
|Professional Electives Electrical: Numerical Methods and Programming Electrical Power Generation Transmission and Distribution Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation Electrical Estimation and Costing||Professional Electives Electrical: Electromagnetic Field|
Power System Analysis
Energy Conservation and Auditing
Electrical Machine Design
|Professional Electives Electrical: Switchgear and Protection Mechatronics High Voltage Engineering Electrical Drives|
|Basic Enginering and Science Fundamentals||Professional Electives Computer: Data Structures using C Python Programming Object Oriented Programming using Python Computer Network||Professional Electives Electrical: Artificial Intelligence|
Database Management System
Machine Learning Digital Image Processing using Matlab
|Professional Electives Electrical: Data Science Cloud Computing Software Testing and Quality Assurance|
|Universal Human Values||Ethical & Social Skills: Gandhian Thoughts, Rural Transformation||Engineering Economics Foreign Language Constitutional Literacy|
Open electives through MOOCs: Electrical Power Quality, Electrical and Hybrid Vehicles, Power System Dynamics and Control,Robotics, Information Security, Soft Computing, Big Data Computing, DEVOPS, Block Chain
|Computer Skills||Electrical Workshop Product Design Engineering||Industrial Internship|
Major Project Part-I for 6 Months(IIst Sem)
|Industrial Internship(6 Months) (IIst Sem)|
|Engineering Exploration||Major Project Part-II (Ist Sem) for 6 Months|
Role of an Electrical and Computer Engineer is to analyze and solve technical problems in respective sectors. As an engineer problem solving skills, precise technical knowledge and communication skills are important for bright career opportunities.
- Production, Quality control, Purchase and Maintenance service.
- Research and development for innovation in technology
- Programming and maintaining automation process, controlling PLC, SCADA and HMI
- Self Employed: Energy Audit services, various electrical equipment’s and non-conventional energy source sales and services
- Service Industries, Private and Government Banks, Government sectors and PSU’s.
- Work as a Programmer, Team Leader, Manager, Testing engineer in IT Industries.
- Self Employed: IT Services Provider, Web Development, Customised Solutions.
- Research and development for innovation in technology
- Service Industries, Private and Government Banks, Government sectors and PSUs.
Abundant career opportunities are available for Electrical and ComputerEngineers in following sectors:
- Energy Auditor
- Consultancy Services