Why this entrepreneurship centre: MGM centre for entrepreneurship development has been established in MGM University campus to inculcate entrepreneurship culture in the students. The option of entrepreneurship should be the career option for students after completion of their graduation. The students in MGMU campus should be job creators and not job seekers. These students will be asset to the society and will be nation builders in the future.
International professional training:
Export Management in Europe, CBI World Trade Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Entrepreneurship Training in Vocational Institution (ILO), Turin, Italy. Trainers Training Formaper, Milan, Italy.
Social Entrepreneurship Workshop, Vietnam, Africa. Poland.
Export Management, Netherlands.
Trade Fair, CBI, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Trade Fair, Ambience, Frankfurt, Germany.
Study Tours Abroad:
United Kingdom, Netherlands, Monaco, Vietnam, France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, Poland, Luxemburg, Benin-Africa, Egypt.
Awards: 1) Dronacharya Award by Rotary Club.
2) Samajbhushan Award by Preteeksha Education Society.
1) Founder Editor of Udyojak Magazine.
2) Ex-Member of Task Force Committee, Ministry of Food & Fruit processing, Delhi.
3) Resource Person of UGC-Human Resource at Academic Dept. BAMU.
4) Journalist at Lokmat Times, Aurangabad.
5) Industrial Consultant at MITCON, Pune.
6) Assistant Director at MCED, Aurangabad.
7) Resource Faculty for Engineering, MBA Colleges, Institutes, Teachers Training Programme.
Name: Mr. UMESH A. KAKDE
Entrepreneurship Development Assistant (MGMU)
“To be a resource, guidance and motivation center in MGMU, where successful entrepreneurs are nurtured and created.”
“Inspiring, motivating & promoting culture of entrepreneurship”
“To prepare the Students to be successful entrepreneurs who have the necessary
skills, knowledge and attitude to create, manage and expand, future enterprises.”
- To create positive ecosystem in the campus for developing entrepreneurship among the students while they are taking their education in the university so that instead of jobseekers they become job givers/creators.
- Build entrepreneurial competencies in aspiring youths, including those from disadvantaged sections of society.
- Research, surveys and publications on entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Enhancement of the support ecosystem for entrepreneurs, including technology startups, embedding entrepreneurship education in the formal education system.
- To foster innovation and create an entrepreneurial culture in the campus.
- To organize entrepreneurship awareness camps, entrepreneurial development programs and faculty development programs for the benefit of faculty & graduates in the region. To promote rural entrepreneurship and educate the rural business folk in different business related aspects.
- To develop and introduce curriculum and entrepreneurship development along with academic programs.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as project report preparation, obtaining project approvals, loan and other facilities from the related agencies.
- To act as regional information center on entrepreneurship development opportunities.
- To conduct the skill development training programs leading to self employment.
- To organize idea generation fests periodically.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
- To promote linkages with Industries and other organizations that is engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- To conduct market research for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities.
- To organize guest lectures by well known entrepreneurs.
- To provide consultancy services to prospective entrepreneurs.
- Students will have entrepreneurship as also an option as a career after completion of their
education. The job seeker’s mentality will not be prominent in the campus.
- Every year at least 100 students should start their enterprise.
MGMU Approach & Legacy In Entrepreneurship
- Section 4 (n) of the MGM University Act 2019 XXVI has stated the objective of the MGM University to promote, nurture and cultivate creativity and entrepreneurship.
- The MGM University act states section 4(n) one of the University act as:
- “To establish innovative approaches for creation of seamlessness academic structure, learning time-frames, working and continuous evaluation processes for nurturing and cultivation of creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurial education and training provides individual with the ability to recognize commercial opportunities, self esteem, knowledge and skills to act on them.
- Having a culture of the creation of a new enterprise is a critical aspect of this infrastructure, as it will encourage students to take the risk of starting a business.
Importance of Entrepreneurship Culture
- Entrepreneurship has been increasingly recognized for its role in creating jobs and economic growth and in increasing the competitiveness of a region, state or country. Governments around the world are keen to embrace entrepreneurship to grasp these benefits as a response to increased economic uncertainty and the reduction of trade barriers resulting in increased global competition.
- Entrepreneur-ship is thus identified as a career opportunity, with new venture creation at the same time expanding the job possibilities of the population and opportunities for personal freedom.
- For such growth in entrepreneurship to happen, students need to have their interest stimulated in entrepreneurial topics, and it rests with governments and higher education institutions to arouse such interest and awareness.