Bachelor of Performing Arts-Kathak
DANCE | MUSIC | THEATRE | FOLK ARTS | INDIC STUDIES
Bachelor of Performing Arts (BPA) in Kathak Dance – 4 years (8 semesters)
Kalā Vid Kathak | कला विद् कथक
BPA programs are of 4 years duration that are ideal for full-time students and those seeking to make Performing Arts their future career. In addition to theory and practical in the chosen dance form, many Generic courses like Indology, Ancient History; Elective courses like music, vadya, theatre; Ability Enhancement courses like languages, yoga; are taught to the learners.
- Duration : Four Years, Full Time Program
- Pattern : Semester System (2 semesters in each level, total 8 semesters)
- Choice-based credit system
- Gurukul Pattern, Gurukul ambience
- Dance residencies, intense ‘Riyaaz’ (practice) sessions with live music
- Rigorous dane training, theory classes, creative assignments
- Generic courses like Indology, Ancient History, symbolism, iconography, archeology, etc.
- Elective courses like music, vadya, theatre arts, visual arts, photography, arts writing
- Ability Enhancement courses like languages (Sanskrit, English, Braj, Avadhi, Oriya, Marathi, Hindi), yoga, wellness & nutrition, light design, music editing, etc.
- Skills like pottery, sculpture, weaving, painting, costume design,etc.
- Periodic workshops, symposiums
- International & National seminars
- Performance opportunities in India & abroad
- Collaborative projects with institutions/Universities in India & abroad
- Study tours / visits to organizations of cultural importance
- Visiting Gurus, experts, scholars, artists
- Opportunities to witness many dance performances
- Cultural & Social outreach
- Evaluation through written tests, practical, project submissions, performance assessment
Candidate should have passed minimum class XII with minimum 50% and past training in chosen dance for minimum 5 years in recent years.
Students who are pursuing UDBHAV of MAHAGAMI GURUKUL or MADHYAMA of Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalay or equivalent can apply.
- Application fees : INR 1000, For foreign nationals & NRIs : USD 70.
- Tuition fees : INR 50,000 Per year, For foreign nationals & NRIs : USD 700 Per Year.
- Fill and Submit the Online Application form on the website page https://mgmu.ac.in/admissions/faculty/MAHAGAMI.html
- Applicants should appear and qualify in the Entrance Test (CET)
- Second round of selection will be through Dance Audition
- Applicants should be able to give short demonstration of Nritta (Taal paksh) and one Vandana or any narrative dance passage (Nritya)