Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) undergraduate degree program at JNEC is approved by Council of Architecture(COA),New Delhi. It is a right platform for us wherein we wish to put light on the fundamental paradox basic contradiction that young generation must be dealing with, how to become modern and return to the sources at the same time? The key to the answer lies in Architecture program at JNEC.
We are proud to state that we, being the first architectural institution of Marathwada region having 30 year old strongly rooted platform, are continuously determined to cater towards best architectural education.
We develop sensitive and compassionate architects with skill, integrity and enthusiasm to create the architecture of goodness. Irrespective of the challenges imposed by the advancements in the technology we have achieved a balance by preserving the age old knowledge based learning methodologies and adding wisdom, value based approach, which a machine cannot teach.
The program revolves around studio culture where students explore life like design ideas with the help of teachers who take on the role of coaches, supporting students in their learning journey. Our success lies in the fact that they are able to appreciate all forms of art which further allows them to integrate the essence of it in their design career.
Our strong alumni network, wide spread across the globe, performing at its best is a significant proof of our achievement.
BEST ACADEMIC CREDENTALS
- The department has highly qualified & experienced faculty
- Visiting faculty from different fields of architecture
- Innovative and interactive teaching-learning process
- Expert lectures arranged under Academic-Industry Connect Program
BEST CURRICULUM & METHODOLOGY
- Integrated Universal Centric approach – Inclusion of subjects like humanities, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Deep and Urban Ecology
- Design and maker based learning– to explore, integrate and reinforce learning
- Creative atmosphere– Encouraging unlearning and re-learning through informal procedures
- Curious learning– Learning through professional as well as open electives
- Best Industry Connect – All design and academic jury members are from industry like MHADA, CIDCO, INTACH, ASI and freelance practicing architects
- Strong alumni connect– contributing towards the betterment of academic through professional training, resource management etc.
- Institutional Membership – with the Professional bodies such as IIA, IGBC
- Architecture for society– Students are allowed to participate in various activities that expose them to the socio-cultural perspective of profession
- MOU with eminent architects of Aurangabad city– for continuous industry exposure and hands on practice.
- Student exchange programs – with International, national Universities, summer school etc.
- Consultancy Cell – Enthusiastic students work under the guidance of faculty on various current civic projects
- Study Tours – arranged every year to expose the students to the socio-cultural & historical contexts of places
- Skill Enhancement– Encouraging participation through architectural competitions & conventions such as NASA & NIASA
- Appreciation of Art – through hands on workshops, seminar, guest lectures etc.
- Studios equipped with excellent facilities to encourage conducive studio culture amongst the students
- CAD Laboratories with updated softwares like AutoCAD, Revit, Rhinoceros, Design Builder, Photoshop, etc.
- Exclusive Library equipped with Architectural Design, Planning and other books related to program
- Environmental Laboratory
- Material Museum – Equipped with Demonstrative models of Kitchen, Toilet, other building services along with display of diverse building materials
The program is designed for five years full time with Choice Based Credit System that includes Professional training for one semester (Six months). The program is demarcated into 10 semesters having 290 credits. The assessment criteria is based on the grading system and carried out at the end of every academic semester.
Year wise Structure of Undergraduate Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Architecture
|Year 1||Professional Core||Basic Science and Applied Engineering Course (BS&AE)||Skill Enhancement Course (SEC)|
|Year 2||Professional Core (PC)||Basic Science and Applied Engineering Course (BS&AE)||Skill Enhancement Course (SEC)||Open Elective (OE)||Professional Elective (PE)||MOOC, Social Science & Humanities Certification Courses|
|Year 3||Professional Core (PC)||Basic Science and Applied Engineering Course (BS&AE)||Professional Elective (PE)||Skill Enhancement Course (SEC)||Open Elective (OE)|
|Year 4||Professional Core (PC)||Basic Science and Applied Engineering Course (BS&AE)||Professional Elective (PE)||Professional Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (PAECC)||Skill Enhancement Course (SEC)||Professional Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (PAECC)|
|Year 5||Professional Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (PAECC)||Professional Elective (PE)||Skill Enhancement Course (SEC)|
The program prepares students with proficiencies required for being effective professional architects and exposes them to techno-aesthetical as well as socio-cultural dimensions of built environment as follows:
- Architectural Consultant – After completion of five year degree program students are eligible to get registered with COA and they can practice independently.
- Many architects pursue postgraduate, research and doctoral studies.
- The program develops a range of very desirable creative, visual, practical and design based skills that further offers plenty of options like:
- Interior Designer
- Conservation consultant
- Project Management
- Building Surveyor
- Estimating and Costing
- Building Valuation
- Landscape architect
- MEP Consultant
- Architectural Journalism
- Simulation Expert