B.A. (Hons) Psychology aims at developing an understanding of the growing discipline of psychology and promoting skill based education. An important goal is to facilitate self-discovery in the students and ensure their enthusiastic and effective participation in responding to the needs and challenges of society. The course intends to enable students in developing skills and competencies needed for meeting the challenges and needs of the real world effectively. Hence this syllabus is created keeping in mind the changing nature of the society, educational institutions and the workplace and inculcate the required competencies in the students to understand and respond to the same efficiently and effectively.
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
- Duration: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Total Seats: 30
- Total Credits: 142
- Medium : English
Eligibility: 12th or 10+2 from recognised board
Fees: 50,000/- Per Year
- LOCF curriculum designed by UGC
- Choice Based Credit System
- Theoretical knowledge with practical immersions
- High quality and experienced Faculty
- Research oriented teaching & exposure
- Internship for practical exposure
- World-class infrastructure and learning facilities
- Well-equipped laboratory.
- Well-equipped computer lab and library with global access
- Well established counselling cell for students.
- Educational culture and hygienic environment
- Disciplined and learning oriented atmosphere
- Guest lectures of experts in respective fields
- Practice of research and data analysis
B.A. (Hons) Psychology is a three year programme comprising of six semesters with mandatory Internship, projects and dissertation.
The core competencies achieved through the program are:
- Scientific thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Case conceptualizations and treatment plan
- Conflict resolution through consultation
- Professional behavior
- Data analysis