The B.A. (Hons) in Economics at MGM University is the single disciplinary Undergraduate program of International standard. This program equips students with the knowledge, skills and competence to the students for analyzing the economic growth, development and policies and also for providing proper solutions to the day-to-day life problems through rigorous brainstorming and research.
The curriculum of Honours Undergraduate program in economics is designed under the latest LOCF (Learning Outcome-based Curriculum Framework) and CBCS (Choice based Credit System) proposed by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in the year 2019. The program adopts a scientific approach towards understanding the basics of economics for applying and evaluating the contemporary economic theories to address the societal problems and also for inclusive and sustainable development.
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
- Duration: 3 years (6 semesters) full time UG Degree programme.
- Total Credits: 142
- Direct Admissions: On Merit and Counselling; Online registration compulsory
- Eligibility: 10+2 (HSC) passed in Arts or Commerce or Science with minimum 50% from any recognised board.
- Intake: 30 students per batch.
- Medium: English
- Admission for 2021-2022 Started
|Per Year Fees||One Time Charges – University Fees|
|Tuition Fee||Exam Fee||Insurance & Aid||Registration Fee||Eligibility Fee||University MIS Fee||Sports Fee|
- A specialized program in Economics with international standards
- LOCF curriculum designed by UGC
- Choice Based Credit System
- Ability and Skill enhancement courses
- Research based teaching-learning methodology
- Theoretical knowledge with practical immersions
- High quality and experienced Faculties
- World-class infrastructure and learning facilities
- Educational culture and hygienic environment
- Disciplined and learning oriented atmosphere
- Guest lectures of experts in respective fields
- Global Exposure and Empowerment Programme
- Well-equipped computer lab and Library with global access
- Rural – Urban transformation experience through field work and workshops
- Behavioural training of Gandhian thought, life skills, effective communication and Entrepreneurship
Note: Please see the detailed courses and curriculum in “Syllabus.”
Scope and Opportunities
There is scope for availing jobs as Economic Analyst, Investment Analyst, Data Analyst, Market Strategist, Cost – Profit Analyst, Financial Analyst, Policy Analyst, Long-term Financial Planners in profit making organisations like Central Bank, Development Banks, Commercial/ Cooperative Banks, Insurance Corporations/ Companies, Financial Institutions, Private Enterprises, Capital Market, Shares and Stock Markets, Marketing Agencies, Private Companies, Corporations, Media Houses, Government Departments, State and Central Administrative Services, Economic Services, Communication, Marketing, E-commerce, Hotels, Hospitalities, Tourism & Transport.
The opportunities are also available in the fields of Agriculture Services, Industries, Consultants, Financial Planners, Insurance Advisors, Investment Planners, Analytics and Consultancy Services, Policy Research and Analysis, Big data Analysis, Economists, Consultancy Services to Higher Level Managements of Business Firms, Experts in Fund Management, Investment Analysts, and Actuarial Science. The students may get jobs as Business Analytics, Cost Analysts, Profit Maximisation Experts, Economic Forecasting, Marketing Strategists, Game Planners, Business Planners, and Resources Mobilisers in Private Corporations, Firms, Business Enterprises and Industries.