IMMERSE INTO THE WORLD OF INDIAN ARTS AND HERITAGE IN THE LIFE-ENRICHING ENVIRONMENT OF MAHAGAMI GURUKUL
MAHAGAMI GURUKUL at MGM University opens admission 2021 for aspiring students from a wide spectrum of backgrounds who are interested in PG, UG, Diploma, Certificate and short-term Programs in various Indian Classical Arts and Indic Studies.
“MAHAGAMI is like Vrindavan with its peaceful, spiritual and artistic atmosphere…”
- Pt Birju Maharaj, Kathak Legend
MAHAGAMI GURUKUL, the one-of-its-kind institute in India, offers intensive training in Kathak, Odissi, Manipuri, Musicology, Indology, Natyashastra, Theatre Arts and Sanskrit through the ancient GURUKUL culture of the Guru-Shishya Parampara. A rare privilege, students of MAHAGAMI learn under the tutelage of Parwati Dutta, an internationally acclaimed artiste of Kathak and Odissi, Guru and Founder-Director of MAHAGAMI.
In addition to its existing training in the time-honoured Guru-Shishya tradition, MAHAGAMI has now also expanded its scope to offer structured programs recognized by MGM University. It offers a wide range of full-time and part-time/weekend programs allowing art enthusiasts and beginners to dive into the world of classical arts at their own pace. The limited number of students in each program provides for a very close relationship between the teacher and the learner and personalized attention to each disciple.
Why choose MAHAGAMI
Established in 1996 with an aim to promote Indian Traditional Arts and facilitate research activities in the marginalized Marathwada region of Maharashtra, MAHAGAMI (Mahatma Gandhi Mission Sangeet Academy), Aurangabad is the first arts organization in the world to be awarded ISO certificate and the only institute from Maharashtra state to be a member of the International Dance Council, UNESCO. It is also enlisted recommended destinations for Indian Cultural Heritage and GURUKUL Lifestyle byMaharashtra Tourism.
Over the years, MAHAGAMI has trained over 2000 students in various dance forms, many of whom have transformed into artist and are now performing across India and abroad.In addition, it has also produced a number of scholars, researchers and academicians of Indian Classical Arts. MAHAGAMI has also organized over 1000 arts events involving some of the renowned artistes and Gurus of our time and sensitized and educated over 1,00,000 people about classical arts from this region through its regular art awareness program, ANUBHUTI. The vibrant MAHAGAMI Campus constantly thrives with in-house ‘Baithaks’ and concerts of students and artists, workshops, seminars, festivals and performances of students and Gurus.
Salient features of MAHAGAMI GURUKUL
- The first centre from Maharashtra to be a member of the International Dance Council, UNESCO
- The first ISO certified arts-organization in the world to successfully draft a Quality manual exclusively for arts and GURUKUL tradition of education
- Plenty of performance and outreach opportunities
- Scholarship/ Internship schemes and concert tours
- Special encouragement and financial support for disciples from economically weaker section of society
- Career opportunities for sincere dance-enthusiasts arealso being explored at MAHAGAMI
- Formal school/college education facility is available for out-station students who want to pursue formal education while staying in the GURUKUL
- Aesthetically designed ‘Sadhanalaya’ and other learning spaces equipped with audio-visual systems and instruments
- Five dance studios - DIV, NABHASVAAN, SARAS, AJA, MAHI; a music room: ANAHATA; and Instruments room: PRASPANDA
- A library with more than 1000 books on a variety of topics related to dance, music, mythology, heritage, philosophy, literature etc. and a good collection of audio and video recordings of great artists for students
- Two large performance spaces – 'Dyāvāprithivi', the open-air stage (seating capacity – 350) and 'Sharńgadēva Sadan', indoor air-conditioned hall (seating capacity – 200)
- Comfortable cottages as well as dormitory with all amenities are available within the peaceful campus for students
- Food is delivered in the cottages; canteen facility is also available inside MGM campus
- Round-the-clock security guards, CCTV coverage, Intercom connections in all zones of the campus
MAHAGAMI Gurukul Programs
Why choose MGM University ?
MGM University in Aurangabad, established by the revered Mahatma Gandhi Mission, a pioneer in higher education, is now a self-financed State University, approved by Government of Maharashtra.
It has the 2(f) status granted by the University Grants Commission of India.
It stands tall owing to its longstanding academic institutes, established by Mahatma Gandhi Mission, namely, the Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College, MGM Institute of Management and Research, MGM Institute of Bio-Sciences & Technology, Dr.G.Y.Pathrikar College of Computer Science & IT, MGM College of Journalism & Mass Communication, MGM Institute of Hotel Management, MGM Institute of Fashion Designing, MGM College of Fine Arts, MAHAGAMI Gurukul of Performing Arts, Institute of Social Science, Institute of Indian and Foreign Languages.
Here are some of the salient features :
- Latest curriculum designed by national experts under Quality Mandate 2022 of UGC
- Adoption of Learning Outcome based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) 2019 under globally deployed Outcome Based Education (OBE) and Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
- Track-record of excellent placements
- Affordable fee structure
- Experienced, top-notch faculty
- Eco-friendly, green, safe campus
- World-class infrastructure – with rare sporting facilities – stadium, swimming pool, shooting range and more
- More than 150 merit scholarships
- Special scholarships for exceptional sports talent
- Unique Global Exposure & Empowerment Program (GEEP) for every University student
Years of MAHAGAMI GURUKUL
Music & Dance Events
LIFE @ MGM
You will live and learn in the vibrant, multi-cultural, student-friendly city of Aurangabad. This historic city is the birthplace of the big, timeless artistic ideas that has enraptured tourists from across the world –Ajanta and Ellora caves ,Deogiri fort, Panchakka, Bibika Muqbara and the famed Gates of the city.
MGM campus is safe, green campus has world class facilities by way of science and technology labs, innovation incubation research centre that is truly futuristic, art gallery, film studios and preview theatre, 1500-seater auditorium and sports facilities are all beyond compare.
Under the guidance and mentorship of their experienced faculty, students get oriented to Gandhian values and societal responsibilities.