B.Des Industrial Design
Industrial design is a process of design applied to physical products that are to be manufactured by mass production. It is the creative act of determining and defining a product’s form and features, which takes place before manufacture or production of the product. It is a strategic problem-solving process that drives innovation, builds business success, and leads to a better quality of life through innovative products, systems, services, and experiences. Industrial Design bridges the gap between what is and what’s possible. Industrial Design combines aesthetic appeal with creative problem-solving. Whether it’s a mobile phone, a vacuum cleaner, or any other product, the very best examples of industrial design seamlessly blend form and function to make products truly desirable.
Eligibility & Admission
- Applicants should have passed higher secondary (10+2) qualifying in Science stream from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or equivalent.
- Foreign students should have proficiency in English Language
- Admissions will be through entrance test.
- Students will be constantly linked to Industry for internships and project work
- Experiential learning & Explorative learning
- Interdisciplinary and progressive knowledge suited to the professional design practice
- Creativity and innovation is stressed upon through a flexible framework for student-centered learning.
- Additional co-curricular facilities and academic extension activities provide students access to a range of learning, development and enriched experiences.
- Competency driven curriculum
- Focus on transformative learning
- In the final semester there is a project in Industry
- Placements opportunities
B.Des is a 4 year Undergraduate programme spread across 8 semesters. The syllabus is developed by experts and caters to the requirements of the industry and will be regularly updated to accommodate latest developments and trends. The goal is to enable the students to develop a sense of social and professional commitment. It helps develop critical, analytical, speculative and reflective problem-solving skills in an integrated manner. It provides a strong exposure to real life situations so that the skills are adopted to benefit the user, society and industry. It will provide the students with adequate knowledge and experience for taking up a career or starting their own businesses/studios.
Designers are contributing to the entire world around us. There is immense scope for designers in almost every industry. More and more companies are utilizing the services of designers as their inputs often lead to added values in terms of improved usability, lowered production costs and more appealing products. The design is, therefore, emerging as a much sought after career option. Apart from this the students would be able start their own ventures or promote their existing business.