The M. Tech. in Data Science programme has been designed to cover up for the requirements of data analytics, modelling and decision support in various disciplines of Engineering and Technology, on a Choice Based Credit System. The aim of this programme is to prepare a professionally competent student with technological, analytical, statistical and leadership skills ready to work in a multidisciplinary work environment across the globe.
Through various interactions with experts in industry and academia, the UDICT has recognised the need for skills in data analysis, prediction and decision support. Petabytes of data are now being generated and collected through surveys, stock markets, sensors and simulations. Processing and extraction of meaningful information and knowledge from these datasets would require extensive use of graphical and tensor-based computing, statistical analysis and knowledge engineering for efficient estimation, prediction, forecasting, planning and decision support. For this, the masters programme in data science first introduces the student to the basic requirements of data structures and database design, analytics, modelling and prediction using datasets from various disciplines. This novel initiative in changing the paradigm of education in the scenario of Industry 4.0, will go a long way in paving the way for future trained and quality human resource requirements.
The program makes the students ready for positions in a wide array of industries and MNCs, as well as, opening the doors to the start-up universe. A lucid blend of fundamental and recent technologies is offered to the students for enhancing their skills for employability.
This Master of Technology Programme will enable the students for several applications in the line of fraud detection, healthcare, image-based analytics, speech recognition and market-based applications. In addition, the student can also apply these techniques to several other disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical Engineering etc.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty
- Collaboration and industry visits with MNCs for internship/sponsored projects
- Industry oriented subjects designed in consultation with industry experts
- Blended learning approach
- Guest lectures by industry experts
Well-equipped Laboratories to undertake the projects in the domain of Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, AR/VR etc.
- Additional IT support through Innovation Incubation Research Center (IIRC) which caters to specialized computational needs to work on automotive & transport simulation projects using Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) machinery Studio
- Collaboration with IIT Bombay Virtual Lab to provide virtual access to a variety of sophisticated software laboratories
- Availability of advanced skill-oriented interdisciplinary courses
- Professional body membership by faculty and students (IEEE, CSI, ACM, ISTE etc.)
One year project as a partial fulfilment of the requirements of the Masters of Technology programme in Data Science.