- This PG program in Physics provides opportunity to adopt mathematical problem solving and critical thinking skills which would help to understand scientific data.
- The skills like numerical problem-solving, data analysis and the communication of complex ideas enhance the capability of students to understand research at scientific level.
- This Program covers almost all aspects of classical, quantum, solid state, advanced, condensed matter, and statistical physics along with interdisciplinary subjects as electives.
- The curriculum of M.Sc. Physics is designed in such a way to promote the students for further research and get employability in India and abroad.
Eligibility & Admission
- B.Sc. degree with Physics as one of the optional subjects / B.Sc. (Hons) Physics.
- Empowerment of research environment by forming interdisciplinary teams.
- Inculcate scientific approach to cultivate research ideas
- Activity based learning with student centered approach.
- Project based learning to capable of handling of research problems individually and in team.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty with record of international publication and patent.
After completion of M.Sc. Physics students can seek their jobs in following sectors
- Research Analyst
- Space and Astronomy
- Geophysics and meteorology
- College Lecturer/ Professor.
- Business/ Start-up
- Defense Research and Development Organization
After completion of M.Sc. Physics students can join one of the following research laboratories to persue their Ph. D or become research associates.
- Research Analyst
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Space Application Centre
- Atomic Research Centre
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre
- National Thermal Power Corporation
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- National Atmospheric Research Laboratory of Department of Space
- Physical Research Laboratory
- Institute of Nuclear Physics
- Nuclear Science Centre
- National Geographical Research Institute
- Regional Research Laboratories
- National Institute of Science Communication and Information Sources
The Fellowships are also available for the students to peruse their Ph.D. in India or Abroad