M.Sc. Industrial Microbiology is a two year Master’s degree program structured to be completed in four semesters (two semesters per year). M. Sc. Industrial Microbiology course introduces students with the concepts of Industrial microbiology and the course aims to make them competent for the opportunities in academia, research and industry.
M.Sc. Industrial Microbiology course takes forward undergraduate learning to enhance student knowledge and achieve expertise in the area of specialization. The program aims to build expertise of the students in the niche areas of industrial microbiology. Study of industrial microbiology course will equip student with requisite skills to become competent for services in pharmaceutical, Neutraceutical, agriculture and food industries where these skills are required and are in high demand.
- Advanced specialization of Principles of Industrial microbiology
- To make students competent for jobs in industries based on application of microbiology
- To equip students with required skills necessary for career in industry through classroom, laboratory as well as self study approach
- Familiarize students with research methodology, good practices and to build research aptitude
- To provide on the job training to students with apprenticeship opportunity in industry
- Flexible course structure with choice based credit system taking into consideration student’s needs, aptitude, choice of subjects and freedom of learning
- Emphasis on basic as well as advanced concepts in the field of Industrial microbiology
- Up to date syllabus with inclusion of cutting edge areas in the field of microbiology and Industrial microbiology
- In final year students will undertake a research project in the topic of their choice
- The final semester will be for internship at industry to get on the floor experience of industrial work