The institute offers a short 1 year Diploma program in the Bakery and Patisserie Skills and equips students with knowledge and basic skills required to work in professional Bakery and Patisserie. Students successfully completing these courses can join any of the food sector organizations mainly at entry level as bakers or pastry assistants or kitchen assistants, etc.
Survey of the Bakery and Patisserie Industry revels that there is huge demand for trained bakery and patisserie professionals to work in this industry.
- HSC or equivalent examination passed in any stream.
- The candidate must have secured minimum 40%.
Fees: 50,000/- for 1 year Diploma
- To share knowledge about bakery and confectionary department and its products and also to demonstrate the skills required for preparing bakery & confectionery products.
- They should also develop the right attitude, good work habits, right cooking techniques, use of correct tools and equipments to prevent nutritional and material loss and wastage.
- Duration: One Year Full Time Program
- Pattern: Semester System
- Credit System: Choice Based Credit System
- Industrial Training Program
- National Study Tours which include visits to Industries, Industrial Exhibitions, Practical Laboratories
- Understand the characteristics and methods of making cakes and various other products.
- Select and use different food production equipment.
- Acquire pre-preparation and preparation skill.
- Demonstrate preparation of cakes, pastries, cookies, etc.
- Skill in preparation of basic sauces in continental cuisine.
- Prepare a variety of bakery and confectionery dishes.