In the field of education, evaluation means measuring or observing the process to determine its value by comparing it to others or some kind of a standard. As an ongoing learning and management tool to improve learning, evaluation system must articulate the purpose of education system and have ideas that are valuable and useful to learners in their lives.
Well run educational programs must achieve their objectives. Quality of evaluation to accurately quantify the achievement of the objectives depends on the quality of data and careful analysis. For obtaining good data, good decisions are required to be made which in turn come from healthy experience and forethought. Therefore the task of examination branch is to be imaginative and exercise good management skills in the process of evaluation.
Objectivity, reliability, validity and usability are the time tested characteristics of good evaluation. Evaluation should evoke equality, integrity and stakeholder confidence. The system needs to be efficient, punctual, transparent and cost effective. Towards this end, constant guidance and supervision of Board of Examinations and statutory bodies of the university ensure that the system strives to achieve excellence.
With a firm resolve to make the process of examinations a very pleasant and smooth activity, examination branch is always open to suggestions and would solicit your feedback for further improvements.
Dr. (Col) Pardeep Kumar
Responsibilities of the Examination Branch
Responsibilities of the Controller of Examinations have been explained in para 17 of MGM University Act 2019. Exam branch deals with policy formulation related to the examinations, data management, conduct of examinations and internal tasks of the branch.
1) Tasks related to Policy Formulation and Implementation:
- Proposing /making/revising policies and procedures for the conduct of examinations through Board of Examinations (refer Clauses 3.7 and 3.8 of First Statutes of MGM University).
- Interacting with and reporting to the University authorities like Board of Examinations (BoE), Academic Council, Board of Management and the Governing Body.
- Collecting student related data from College/Students/the Departments of the University.
- Collecting examination related data, reviewing and sending the reports to the Academic Council.
- Work closely with ERP Cell for data management and online examinations. Work with Finance Department for payment of exam related remuneration.
2) Examination Related Tasks: Examination branch is responsible to conduct the exams as laid down in para 12-14 of first ordinances of MGM University. Responsibilities of the examination branch are summarized below:
- Prepare Examination Calendar and issue examination schedule.
- Receive exam forms from the students through the constituent Colleges/Institutes.
- Nominating Question Papers Setters, Examiners, Moderators, Examiners, from the list of those who have been approved by the BoE. Forming Flying/invigilation Squads.
- Setting up of Question Papers.
- Setting up exam centers, appointment of Center Superintendents.
- Taking disciplinary action as per procedure given in para 13 and 14 of the first ordinances of the university.
- Setting up Centralised Assessment Process (CAP) Centres and ensuring timely assessment and preparation of the results.
- Timely publications of Results of examinations and other tests.
- Distribution of Certificates.
- Grievances Redressal.
3) Conduct of Convocation.
Shedules of Examinations/Test
Form filling notice: