Diploma Program in Kathak Dance
DANCE | MUSIC | THEATRE | FOLK ARTS | INDIC STUDIES
Diploma in Kathak Dance – 2 Years (4 semesters)
Kalā Udayan Kathak | कला उदयन कथक
- Diploma Programme is of 2 years after which students can enroll for 2-year Advanced Diploma. The dance content and training is equivalent to the 4-year BPA.
- Training system is an ideal blend of traditional Gurukul training and contemporary trends in education aimed at producing dancers with an ability to create own artistic work, present and teach performative arts and engage in outreach initiatives
- The programme helps the learner develop a strong command on the technique, vocabulary and contextual studies with respect to the chosen dance form
- The curriculum facilitates introduction to the multi-layered aspects of Indian Dance Heritage, of dance techniques from across the world, history of the chosen dance form and symbols and metaphors with static and dynamic movements within a dance tradition
- The learner is trained to create short dance narratives, understand body dynamics and blend concepts from theory and practice during the training programme
- The learner is offered internships and placements with a range of dance organisations, companies, schools and colleges
- Duration : Two Years, Part Time Programme
- Pattern : Semester System ( 2 semesters in each level, total 4 semesters)
- Gurukul Pattern, Gurukul ambience
- Dance residencies, ‘Riyaaz’ (practice) sessions
- Periodic workshops, symposiums
- International & National seminars
- Performance opportunities
- Study tours / visits to organizations of cultural importance
- Visiting Gurus, experts, scholars, artists
- Opportunities to witness many dance performances
- Cultural & Social outreach
- Credit based learning
Candidate should have passed minimum class XII and training in chosen dance for minimum 4 years in recent years.
Students who are pursuing UDBHAV of MAHAGAMI GURUKUL or MADHYAMA of Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalay or equivalent can apply.
- Application fees : INR 1000, For foreign nationals & NRIs : USD 70.
- Tuition fees : INR 20,000 Per year, For foreign nationals & NRIs : USD 300 Per Year.
- Fill and Submit the Online Application form on the website page https://mgmu.ac.in/admissions/faculty/MAHAGAMI.html
- Applicants will be asked to appear for a Dance Audition
- Applicants should be able to give short demonstration of Nritta (Taal paksh) and one Vandana or any narrative dance passage (Nritya)