The Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Chemical Engineering degree program is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offers Choice Based Credit System education. In addition to core courses, student can opt for discipline specific elective subjects, open elective subjects from different institutes of the MGM University. This program is uniquely designed to enhance the employability and to prepare students to work in a multidisciplinary work environment. To achieve this, program offers Major-Minor degree scheme wherein Major will be in core Chemical Engineering and Minor will be as per students interests.
To provoke independent thoughts in students and importance of team work, program also gives emphasis on Outcome Based Education, design thinking process and cooperative education component involving Projects, Seminars, Internships and Activity Based Learning. We aim and prepare students to be adaptable and industry-ready having proficiency across range of technical and non-technical subjects. Chemical Engineers have continuously contributed and still are contributing to improve standard of living of the society through many sustainable processes and products. Therefore, after completion of this program our students will be very well suited to serve in both industrial and service sector.
- Started in the year 1983 and only department offering Bachelor program and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering having strong Research and Development activities
- Alumni hold key positions in Government and private organizations (In India and abroad)
- Undergraduate students undertake mandatory inplant training after every semester at renowned chemicals manufacturing units located all over India to get industry exposure
- Well equipped laboratories with good ambience equipped with Process Flow sheet simulation software CHEMCAD and many open source software
- Good Industry-Institute interaction through alumni network and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Collaboration with Government of India organizations such as Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), Mumbai, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Mumbai, National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur and Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai
- Professional body membership by faculty members and students. Student Chapter of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) under Pune Regional Centre
- Hosting the events sponsored by United Nations General Assembly
The total credits students need to complete are around 160 and are completed in 4 academic years. One academic year is divided in Two Semesters. Formative and summative assessment is carried out in every semester as Continuous and Comprehensive Assessment (CCA) based on evaluation rubrics. The Quality is assessed by grading system.
Chemical Engineering department
- Provides specific employment-oriented teaching that results in employment opportunities
- Trains students towards self-employment and entrepreneurship
- Puts more emphasis on outcomes and the objectives of the program through problem and project based cooperative learning environment, activity based learning through design thinking process
- Enables students to develop sustainable and environmentally safe processes and products by understanding relevant legislations and regulations
- Has latest and adequate software and experimental equipment set-ups in all laboratories at par with well-known institutes in India and abroad
- Imbibes professional ethics and skills in students
- Has approved research centre to pursue Ph.D.degree in Chemical Engineering. Research areas are mainly Advanced Process Modelling, Simulation and Control, Process & Plant Design, Bio-fuels and Bio-fertilizers, Waste Valorisation, Nanotechnology, Pollution Control, Extraction, chemical synthesis etc.
Year wise Structure of Undergraduate B.Tech. Program
Chemical & Allied Industries (water treatment, industrial effluent treatment, solid waste treatment, waste management & recycling, metallurgy processes, materials and polymers, cement, synthetic & natural oils and its by-products, fertilisers, food, oil & gas, medicine, manmade textile fibres, cosmetics, paints, rubber, paper, processes for obtaining energy, processes for the nuclear power industry, biotechnology processes, chemical products etc.)
- Petroleum/Petrochemicals Product Industries
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Research Institutes of Government of India, e.g. ISRO, BARC, NEERI, AERB, IOC etc.
- Research & Development Centres of private organizations
- Entrepreneur/Self Employment
- Masters studies in India and abroad